Thursday, May 22, 2008

Good Bye to Soo Bahk Do


Well, it's done. Tonight I went to karate dressed in street clothes, gave Master Trevellyan a hug, a thank you note and said good bye. Gave several other people thank you notes too. It was sure hard. I cried as I wrote the notes.

My elbow got hurt about six weeks ago and isn't healing because I won't stop training, plus it 's too far to drive from Escondido at night, and at 56, it's time. I started in Jan 1996, trained 3 times a week consistently and made it to 3rd degree Black Belt. And LOVED 99% of it! Don't know what I'll do now, but trust that something will come up.

I did eat delicious bag of Dove dark chocolate with almonds to drown my sorrow. That should sit well now that I'm not exercising.

3 comments:

laura said...

That's crazy to think of you without karate. The two of you have become one to me. I've always respected that about you and love telling people that my aunt is a black belt.
You asked for suggestions a while ago... What about a half marathon?

slemner said...

Carolynj,
You should be very proud! First you don't look your age!! I know thats got to be very hard.I had to train with one arm for a while also because of an injury, but it made me look at things a little differnt.But remember to always be kind to your self, remember, the goal is a longer life. As far as what to do now...share your Ki..maybe you could start something with people in your area, something to share your passion with others, just a thought. But stand proud!
all The best.
Steve Lemner, Region 5

Sue said...

I am so sad that you will be without karate! It really is part of your life. It took me a few years after I stopped running before I didn't wake up and think, "What a perfect day for a run." If you don't find something else, you could go back after a rest. I love the yoga classes that I take at the gym; I like a lot of the classes.
I am obviously behind about 3 blogs, I love that your house is almost finished. I can't wait to see it.