Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday

What an incredible birthday! Thursday Don suggested that just the two of us go away for the weekend. The last time we were really alone for a trip was 2002 when we went to Hawaii for Julie's graduation. It was fabulous! We went to Warner Springs, where we used to take the kids. Great food, great room, great weather and wonderful company (Don).

Here is Don lounging by the pools. The hot one was a soothing 104 degrees, the cool one, which we did not go in, was 79. It was perfect weather (low 70's) until we got ready to leave, then the clouds started moving in.

With spring comes lush, green landscape. This is on our walk around the golf course. That's Don in the middle to show how big the trees are.

This is where the water actually comes out of the ground at 140 degrees. Looks nice, but I didn't see anything living in it.

When we got home at 5:00, Julie had prepared a delicious dinner of Chicken Tortilla soup, my favorite. It was SOOOOO good. Sorry about the boys picture, guess they were hungry.

For desert, Julie made the perfect fruit Trifle, with fresh strawberries, pineapple, bananas, kiwi, angel food cake and a yummy pudding stuff. So good. Thank you Julie.

Don also got me a good quality Web Cam so we can see Jeni's family. Can't wait to try it out.
I got myself a Garmin Nuvi (thanks for the suggestion Roger). I'm tired of getting lost in unfamiliar areas, and the lady is soooo nice. She just says, "recalculating" if I don't do what she wants. All in all, it was one of the best birthdays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark is having a Pavlovian response to the trifle picture.

Alicia said...

That really does look like the perfect birthday. Wow. I'm glad it was so nice for you. It's great to see pictures of your family too.

I too would like a bite of that trifle. YUM!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great birthday trip! I love spring and all the green that comes with it. Now more than ever before I really appreciate what spring really means. Happy Birthday!