Saturday, April 5, 2008

Trying again

Well, since I couldn't figure out how to delete a blog (not a comment, the whole thing) so that I could reuse the name, I'm going with a new name. Just trying to see if you can keep up.

This is Don's brother Chris, his wife Kim, their son Harley and daughter Hillary. We don't see them very often, but now that we'll live just up the hill, I'm sure that will change. Please notice Kimber's pink goggles. She was happy ;-), so we're all happy.

This is Donnie and his fishing boat. He's had it for about a year, but I thought it was a little boat. When I saw it this afternoon, WOW! He's going to take it to Catalina. It's ocean worthy, has a galley, bathroom and two sleeping areas.

This is me with the beautiful flowers that cover all of the banks at our new house. The poppies were hydro-seeded, but everything else is natural. Can't wait to move in and enjoy them everyday. Hopefully the heat won't have taken it's toll.

We were at the house today and I was so thrilled with the flowers that I didn't take any pictures of it. Now that the subs are working on it, and don't have much else to do, it's progressing quickly. All of the wiring is in, the windows are in, the tile roof is going on and the patios are poured. Here's a picture from last week, but it changes quickly now.


Donnie has been living in the RV at the house for the past three weeks, since the copper pipes went in. We've had a couple of problems, so want to be safe, and he wanted to save on rent and be a hermit for a while. He said the RV is almost too big for just one person and is nice to live in. It only gets hard when Don and I want to go somewhere and take his home. Over Easter we went to the desert and he slept in a tent in the house. He said there was a huge mountain lion prowling around so he ended up sleeping in his truck. The property backs on 3000 acres of open space and a 600 acre monastery - so it's possible.

I just think of Molly, our Shih Tzu, and I out walking and her being bait, and I'm at the end of the line. I'm working on how to avoid being some animals breakfast.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Wonderful blog! And, I should be able to remember the name. Your family looks great and I am REALLY excited to visit you in your new home. I agree about Donnie's boat, Wow, it is beautiful. I am so happy that you are doing the blog so that we can share in your life!

Scott B. said...

I finally got yours and Jenny's blogs linked to mine so that I can get to them easily. How great that you both have blogs. It is such a fun and nice way to keep up with each other and feel connected to what you are doing.

Your new house and the area around looks BEAUTIFUL!! How incredible to get to live in such a pretty place with gorgeous flowers and weather. I can't wait to see more pictures of how the house progresses.

Your family looks great too. Kimber is a big girl now. Is Julie due soon? That is exciting.

Unknown said...

Hi Carloine
I don't have your email address so I am writing you through your Blog that the Palandrys told me about. It is an interesting concept to put out your life on the internet. I enjoyed reading through except for the part about leaving Soo Bahk Do. But it looks like you have a lot going on in your life. I miss you and would like to get together for lunch if you don't change your mind and come back to the studio. We got the promotions and it was very powerful and full with positive energy.

Varda